Julie and Julia



Two stories, two women, France, New York, recipes , love of food, cooking and blogging....
what more do you want.....!!!!!!

I loved it.It was a feel-good movie about self evolution by cooking and blogging about it. Which made it really fascinating for me.
It just showed how can you take control of your life by just doing what you love. And also showed the amazing power of blogging, and what a fabulous medium it is for a nobody to openly express their heart.
I am not much of a cook... and honestly there are days when I don't want to cook. Also there are days when I think I should get an award, just because we ate "home food" rather than a take out.
But I would not deny my romance with food and then there are days, when I try a new recipe and try out new ingredients and its gets interesting and the results are fabulous.
I am also planning to read the book, by Julie Powell on which the movie is based on.

But before that I should finish the stack of books that I have been collecting forever,
Oh well..!

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Dida, you silly girl. You made me laugh with that last comment. How great that you saw the movie. I haven't seen it yet, but plan on it. Buy her cookbook and follow some recipes from time to time. I have her first cookbook and it's an oldie. Now go finish those "other" books so that you can start on the Julie Powell book. :D Take care and I hope you have a great Thursday and rest of the week.

YayaOrchid said...

Hi! I come by way of Gloria's blog. You have such a lovely blog, no wonder Gloria really enjoys it.

That is one movie I wouldn't mind paying money to see. Especially since it's cooking/chef related. That foodie world fascinates me!

I also see that you're a very talented artist. You've got some very nice work.

I'll be visiting again. :)

GlorV1 said...

Hey Dida, your blog is looking awesome. I'm jealous!:D Looks great. Come to my blog and pick up TWO awards. Yahoo! :D Have a great weekend.